Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Twentieth Date

My twentieth date lasted exactly twenty minutes. It was a new record! He had been sending me messages on jdate for weeks and I finally decided I would meet with him. I told him that we could meet after I finished work one weekday. I called him from the car and he told me that we should meet at the starbucks by his house. I got there first and realized that they were closing up. I called him to ask him if he wanted to meet somewhere else instead and he said he would meet me there and we would decide what to do. He pulled up next to me and got out of his car so I did the same. He shook my hand which was kind of awkward and started to walk inside, so I followed. He ordered a green tea and so did I. We sat down at a table as they were moping the floors and putting away all the desserts. He took off his jacket and he was wearing the most ridiculous outfit. He was wearing tight tight tight jeans, a fitted t-shirt and a fitted v-neck stripped sweater that looked like it came from his sister's closet. He also walked a bit like Mr. Burns from the Simpson's with his hands in front of him (like a T-Rex). The conversation was mostly about how he hates this city and wants to move. He hates his job and he hates that he lives with his parents at 31 years old. He was a ball of complaints!! Shortly after we sat down, one of the employees came over to us and let us know that they were closing. We took the rest of our teas and walked outside. I told him that I was exhausted and he said that it was too bad that the coffee shop had to close so soon and that we had such little time to get to know eachother. I thought the exact opposite. I was so grateful that I only had to endure 20 minutes of his complaints!! He gave another awkward handshake and I got into my car and left.
Since that day, he has asked me numerous times if I am available to hang out again... Seriously??No, no I am not EVER available to hang out ever again!!!! I guess he is just more confident behind the computer then he is in real life. I am finding that a lot with internet dating.

No comments:

Post a Comment