Monday, January 18, 2010

Update 10- game over???

And.... The two guys are obviously good friends..... FML (Fuck My Life)!!!!

Friday night the Doctor picked me up after Shabbat dinner from my Grandmother's house. We went out for bubble tea and then to see Avatar 3D. The movie was almost 3 hours long and he rubbed my feet the entire movie. He is so attentive and sensual and sweet and wonderful! We had a great time. We talked about our patients and he was so interested in what I do. He told me that he was going to take a course to be a Methadone Doctor (dealing with Heroin addicts) which is totally in my field of work! It is a bit scary how wonderful he is.... He is a perfect gentleman with edge. He holds doors, walks me to the car, puts on my jacket etc. and yet knows how to be "cool" and not awkward in terms of the physical stuff...
After the movie we sat in the car talking. He told me that tomorrow night he is going to a party at his friends house. I asked which friend. When I said the name my face turned white. I said that I need to talk to him about something... I told him that I was also invited to that party by one of the other guys I was dating, meaning we have a common "friend". All the said was please don't tell me that his name starts with the letter "X". I said "yes it does". He looked like he was going to be sick. He asked me if I kissed his friend and I said that I had. He asked me if I slept with him and I said of course not. I told him that as soon as he had told me that he would prefer I didn't see other people, I had every intention of breaking it off with his friend and the other guys. He kissed me on the cheek and said that he needed to think and would call me the next day. I told him that was fine but to please remember that I had done nothing wrong. I was honest from the very beginning and as soon as I found this out I told him and wanted to put a stop to it. He said okay, I kissed him on the cheek and got out of his car....
I stayed up until 7 AM because I was so upset. I really like him but I got too cocky and too full of myself and now I could stand to lose a great guy. My dad (who has never put his nose in my dating business) actually yelled at me and said what I was doing was gross and that I had made my bed and now need to sleep in it. He was right. FML.
I spent time praying for what was meant to be to please be.
And then I got a random email from one of my followers telling me that he had been following my blog and was wondering how I was doing... denverdatedoctor.blogspot.com
He gave me amazing advice and I listened to every last word. He set up scenarios with me on what to do when my guy calls. And he told me that rule number one is not to apply my "woman" thinking to a guy's mind. I had not done anything wrong and I need to make sure that he was not going to try to make me feel guilty or punish me for this. He told me that the only way that I should consider being with him is if he mans up and fights for me. So I sat and waited for the phone call feeling very prepared. Thanks Date Doc!!!


4 comments:

  1. Psychiatrists do have an edge, I've noticed. (I'm assuming he is a psychiatrist.) Some of their edge borders on crazy, so watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has happened to me too. In the Jewish community its going happen haha. Espically if you are dating Jdate guys near the area you live. Mine didn't end well but it wasn't due to this factor. He was just a jerk...not the same guy I used to know from USY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous. LOL, He is not a psychiatrist... He is a GP, like a family doctor. I am a therapist, and if I ever ended up with a psychiatrist our children would be absolute nut jobs!!!! So he has edge but not the crazy kind like I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha, I'm glad you had a sense of humor about what I said! I'm dating a psychiatrist, so I mean no harm, LOL. I'm glad he's a GP ;)

    ReplyDelete