Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Eighth Date.

This weekend I went with my family to another state for my cousins bar mitzvah. I stayed the night at my friends house and for fun I showed her my jdate account. We searched for guys in that state and I decided to meet one of them. I told him that I was leaving the next day and he said that he would meet me after lunch time, just before I had to fly home. He seemed very sweet and his pictures were very cute. So I figured what the hell! It got me thinking that maybe my bashert is not confined to a 5 mile radius around my community and that perhaps I need to branch out and expand my options. We met and decided to grab a coffee. He looked exactly like his picture (pleasant surprise) and was a gentleman. He was a tiny bit shorter then I am used to but still taller then me and he has an Israeli accent like my dad... Other then those two small things, he is amazing! He helped me figure out how to get to the airport and was very concerned about me getting there on time. We had a good time at coffee and the conversation was great. For the first time I felt the hope that I would be able to have chemistry with another guy other then my bf. We knew that we didn't have much time together and plus the fact that he is Israeli and they are very direct people, he kissed me. It was nice. He sent me off and asked me to call him when I got home. I did. He wants to fly here to visit me in the next week or two. Its kind of exciting and scary. I don't know if he has enough of what I am looking for to be the one but for now he gives me butterflies in my tummy and its a feeling I have been missing for a while. I will keep dating others and see what happens with him. Unfortunately its very common for me to like a guy that will bring complications to my life. Once again, this would be long distance and who knows if he even wants to stay here forever and not move back to Israel eventually. Sooo typical of me!!! I am just going to enjoy the feeling and try to not be typical me and plan for the future and freak out about long term things. Just enjoy and take one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. The situation with your now ex is so complicated and I know it's difficult for you both...therefore I'm *very* happy for you that JDate Suitor #8 was so fantastic! That is really great and I hope things will continue looking up for you. Whatever happens with Mr. Europe...well, I firmly believe that things will fall into place, that only time will tell. So keep dating and know that your courage during this time will pay off--so it's a win-win situation no matter whom you end up with! :)

    ReplyDelete