Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Thirtieth Date

I know I haven't updated my dates in almost 2 weeks... Sorry!!!

I have been keeping up with my time limits on jdate and actually since I set a time limit, I have been on even less then I was allowed! However, before I made my limit, I exchanged contact info with about 7 guys... So I had them on email or msn or bbm or fb or phone.... So I have been pretty busy the last 2 weeks, lol!

I had spoken to this guy months ago but he was busy and I was busy and we never ended up meeting up. He is a 33 year old, semi retired guy. He is very smart and sold his company a few years ago for a lot of money and now he just travels and invests in small companies and watches his money grow....
For some reason as soon as I popped back onto jdate he started messaging me and insisted on meeting me. I wondered why he was so eager as he was not this eager when we first spoke a few months back. We tried to make plans for a few days but I was busy and his eagerness was becoming a turn off. We finally were able to meet on a weekday around lunch time. He said that we could meet at the mall because he needed to return something anyways... I have never had a first date at the mall but why not... I asked him if we would be eating lunch or if I should eat before because it was lunchtime... He said we will just grab a coffee and walk around the mall. For some reason this irritated me. Don't make plans at 12 PM if you plan to just get a coffee... So I took my sweet time and ate lunch at home and let him know that I was going to be late. When I got there he had already returned whatever he needed to and was waiting for me.
He grabbed me and gave me a huge hug as if we were great friends that hadn't seen each other in years... Kinda creepy! His voice sounded a bit like Kermit the frog. I kept wanting him to clear his throat! It was driving me crazy!!! He was very touchy-feely with me... He was not bad looking... He had a weird body type though, large upper body and tiny skinny legs... I kept wondering if he was going to fall over :) About 5 minutes into the date he tells me that we have a common friend. I asked who. He said the doctor's name and asked me how I knew him. I told him that we dated for a bit a few months ago. This jdate pool is getting to be very incestuous!!! All the guys I date seem to know each other!! He tried to get info about us, like why we didn't work out etc. I told him he sounded like an old gossiping jewish grandmother and that if he wanted to know anything he should just ask his friend.... Besides all this, our conversation was great! He is so smart and we talked about business almost the entire time. He told me about a few new projects that he has on the go and I have him some of my ideas and he thought they were great. He also gave me a few good ideas about the business that I have recently started. It was nice to talk to someone so bright and entrepreneurial for a change! I really did enjoy it! We talked for a few hours on a bench outside my favorite store.. I was eying a stunning purple dress the entire time...
So as soon as he left the mall, I ran back inside and bought the dress! So that date ended up costing me $365.00 plus I still need to find new shoes to go with it!
He called me the next day and wanted to see me again but I told him that I was busy until after passover... I think he got the hint ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment