Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Update 50

WOW! I just realized that it has been almost a year since my last update.... Where do i begin???
I took my blog offline about a year ago because my anonymity was broken in my hometown and some of the guys figured out that they were in my blog and got offended by what I wrote. I have decided to put it back online and if anyone would like me to remove a post about them I would be happy to do so.

We got married on October 30, 2011. We had the most beautiful wedding. It was perfect. Every last detail! And I was the calmest bride. It was just so meant to be that I was relaxed and calm and enjoyed every second of it. We finally bought a house too! We are right near my parents, his parents, my sister and one of his sisters. The house is exactly what we were looking for and we have been renovating it since January 2012. After the wedding he took me on a surprise honeymoon. He told me to pack my suitcase and I had no idea where we were going!! It is so strange for me to be so trusting and not controlling! We landed in India and had the most amazing 3 weeks! He planned every last detail. We lived like kings for the entire time we were there. We stayed at the best hotels and ate the best food and had the best time together. After the honeymoon we came home packed up the car with all our stuff and dogs and headed to Florida to his (now our) winter house.  I am so glad that we are in Florida while we are renovating our other house because I think if we were there we would be way too stressed out. I have flown home a few times to choose floors and tiles and kitchen etc. but for the most part our trust is in the architect (his father) who is taking amazing care of the project!

Living in Florida for the last 6 months has been wonderful. I thought I would hate it but I don't! We have had a few people come visit us and it as been fun. We get along so well and barely argue! I am learning to be a good housewife... I do all the grocery shopping and I make dinner sometimes. He is a way better chef than I am so we split the cooking. I am volunteering at 3 different agencies here and I am loving it! I feel like I am really making a difference here and helping people that would not otherwise be able to access my help.On the weekends we have so much fun together. We go out on the boat, for picnics, go for dinners and shows and movies and festivals and charity galas. We even hosted a street BBQ a few weeks ago! I honestly don't know where the last 6 months have gone! The winter is over and it is almost time to go back home (just waiting for the renos to be finished).

I am excited to move back and see friends and family and have pool parties and dinners at our new house. He is stressed about moving back because our lifestyle there will be totally different. In Florida it is just the two of us. No commitment, no plans, no family members, NO STRESS. When we move back, we will be busy every evening and every weekend we will have some family dinner or someones birthday party or something will always be going on. I have enjoyed our alone time but I am so excited to be social and busy again!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you!!!! I always wondered what happened to your blog... And honestly before you shut your blog down (or put it on private i suppose) I was like I just KnOW those two are getting married!! I know it!!

    I love that you were married in october. A great month.( you were married to weeks after my baby was born :). But you are right hOW has the time gone by soo fast??!!

    Anyway congratulations to you and your hubby and I hope you will be able to keep up with this blog!!

    ReplyDelete