Saturday, June 25, 2011

Update 49

So much has happened since my last update....
I went to a few dress stores. I liked a few dresses but fell in love with a Vera Wang dress that was just ridiculously too expensive. It was hard to like any dress after trying that one on. Until I tried on THE DRESS! I loved it on the spot and didn't want to try anymore on! I booked the venue and the best photographer and a band. Still have a few more things to book. I have been doing most of the planning on my own with the help of my sister, his sister and my best friend and mom. I had a bit of a crazy fight with my sister but that got resolved. He finally came home June 4 at midnight and was too tired to see me. That caused a wonderful fight. NOT! The next day was one of my best friend's weddings and I was one of her bridesmaids. I told him that he needs to meet me there at 6 because I was there from 10 AM doing hair make up, pictures, etc. I hadn't seen him in weeks and I was so angry at him but all that anger went away as soon as I saw him and he saw me all dressed up. We had a fun time at the wedding and I was just so happy that he had finally come home for good and that we would never have to live apart again. The next few weeks have consisted of him working, me planning and LOTS of family BBQs and Brunches and dinners. Then we went to Vegas for a few days cause he had some business there. He had meetings during the day and then we spent the evenings and nights together going for dinner and shopping and walking the strip. It was lots of fun!
Father's Day BBQ was so funny! He got drunk with my dad and they were both laughing and having the best time. It made me soo happy!
Now we are in the process of planning the engagement party. I got my invite list all ready and bugged him for 2 weeks to give me his list and his moms list. I finally got so frustrated that I just sent mine out and told him that I was not going to bug him anymore. He could send his out the day before or not at all, I wasn't prepared to stress over it. I finally got his list and registered for gifts and feel semi ready for the party next month.
Also, we went to look at houses and found the most amazing house in the cutest area. Its not as Jewish as I would like it to be but it is a quaint older area near both our parents and sisters. We both loved it but found out that they were already in a sign back with someone so we could not put in an offer. We were both pretty sad about that. But when we got back from Vegas I noticed it was still for sale so I called and found out that the deal fell through. We are going to see it again tomorrow, fingers crossed!
Things have been pretty good with us considering the stress of planning a wedding. I love him and think we make a great team. We have no problems compromising and working things out and he is pretty calm when I am stressed and visa vera.
I think I am going to have a wonderful life with him and I think I will be a very good wife to him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment